The Rug Clinic is committed to making the privacy of our customers is protected. Any information by which you can be identified that is collected when using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
This policy is effective from 21/05/2019.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information when you call us or send us a message:
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences for contact
This information is collected to be used as followed:
- To understand your needs and provide the best service
- Internal records.
- Promotion: From time to time, with your consent, we may contact you via your supplied email address regarding any relevant promotions that are running.
Should you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, we will hold the data you provide for the purpose of sending marketing and promotional materials which we believe to be of interest to you. In you making initial contact, you consent to The Rug Clinic maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. We will do our utmost to ensure your data is held in a way that is GDPR compliant.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to The Rug Clinic processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or, in the case of our newsletter, by unsubscribing. You may unsubscribe in the following ways: clicking the ‘unsubscribe here’ link at the bottom of any newsletter we have sent; or contacting us directly.
Who we share your data with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
How long we retain your data
The Rug Clinic will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
What rights you have over your data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting Steve Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst The Rug Clinic is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that The Rug Clinic refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
The Rug Clinic at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Rug Clinic, 56 Marie Road, Dorchester, Dorset, England, DT12LF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.